Our Crowdsourcing Process for Open Innovation Challenges
Challenge is Formulated
Seeker submits our Crowdsourcing Order Form, describing the challenge, identifying a reward amount (which can be split into two or more solutions) and a deadline. Seeker requests solvers to submit solution ideas (draft and abstract) . We offer FREE help with challenge formulation.
Challenge is Posted
Challenge is posted on GlobalScienceManagement.com. If requested, seeker’s identity is kept confidential. No payment is due at this point.
Solvers Submit Solutions
- Our global community of scientists, engineers, economists, managers, educators, administrators and consultants submits innovative solutions to seeker’s challenges. Solutions should comprise of 1-2 pages describing an idea and a draft of conceptual steps for solving the seeker’s problem as well as a short abstract consisting of up to 80 words.
- We provide frameworks for teamwork and for confidential communication with our staff and the seeker.
Winner is Chosen and Rewarded
- GSM forwards abstracts of all submitted solutions to the seeker.
- Cash Prize is Awarded:
- If the seeker is satisfied with the abstracts of the submitted solutions, GSM requests the seeker to pay the award amount and an administrative fee of 1500 USD plus 6% of the award amount (to cover the costs of PayPal money transfer). After the payment is received, GSM forwards full solutions to the seeker.
- The seeker informs GSM within two weeks which solutions should be awarded. The cash prize (1500 to 5000 USD) is then transferred to the winning solver(s) by GSM.
- Job Interview or Collaboration:
- If requested by the seeker, we will forward the winning solver’s contact information to the seeker for an additional fee of 1500 USD. The seeker can then invite the solver to a job interview, to work on the solution as a consulting project or to start a collaboration.